The Williams Family

The Williams Family

Friday, September 4, 2009

My Craigslist find!!

Ok. I never thought that I would be one of those lucky people to find one of those amazing deals on Craigslist that I kept hearing about from some friends and family. But my luck changed just a few weeks ago. J.D. was on his business trip to Oslo, Norway for a week so it was just me and the kids. I have found, for whatever reason, that I can get really ambitious while my hubby is away, to do some crazy, big project, like paint our living room 3 1/2 years ago while he was away (thanks Dana and Tyler for the help) only to be delighted by the look on his face when he got back. Maybe that is the pay off for all the ambition - the reaction!! So, Tuesday morning rolled along and I had the impression 3 different times that morning, to go look on Craigslist for a china cabinet. I had really wanted to get one to take care of a big sore spot in our living/dining room but kept putting it out of my mind since on the priority list, a $1000 dollar china cabinet was near the bottom of the list. Well, I got on the computer about 1:00p.m. and lo and behold, found this amazing china cabinet that looked perfect for all our needs, especially the fact that they were selling it for $100 (it retails at a local furniture store for $1000)!!! At first I thought it was a joke. I called the nice lady to see if they still even had it for sale and to make the next 6 hours short, went to her house to check it out, loved it, came back two hours later with the money and an empty van to bring it home in, and had it sitting in my home (thanks Beth and Vance!) ready for cleaning! Unbelievable!! It really needed some polishing up and deep cleaning (along with three new knobs that I got a couple of days later) which I jumped onto right away. Let's just say that by Friday evening when J.D. came back from Norway, the look on his face of utter shock was worth all the time and energy I had put into this new piece of furniture!! It was awesome!! Where all the energy came from for this adventure, I do not know. Again, it must have something to do with the look on the hubbies face at the end of it all!



6 comments:

The Fun Carter Family said...

I LOVE Craigslist. We've bought and sold stuff on there. It is amazing what treasures you can find on there!

Madsen Family said...

Your hutch turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I'm impressed you did all that work solo and pregnant. Nice work. I'm tempted to jump onto Craig's List this second to find some much needed furniture for our house!

Danalin said...

Beautiful, sister! I love Craigslist...we have been fans for a long time. In fact, I've got someone coming to pick up some extra bags of landscaping sand we need to get rid of today. It helps both ways, that's for sure. Congrats on a fun and successful surprise!

Mark said...

Wow, nice cabinet!

wackywilsons said...

I love Craigslist! Good for you for finding such a treasure!!!

where are some updated belly shots girl! I want to see that beautiful pansita!

Amy said...

I just LOVE a good bargain!