The Williams Family

The Williams Family

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I can't believe we had our 10th anniversary!

J.D. and I had the wonderful opportunity of going away for 3 days to beautiful Portland, Maine, to celebrate our big 10 year anniversary. Special thanks to our dear friends who took care of our kiddies and made this possible. Portland is a beautiful little city with definately it's own personality. We had a terrific hotel with a view of the port (horray for J.D.'s Hilton points from all his traveling at work!). It was so wonderful to just relax, wake up when we wanted, walk all day long hand in hand, and not have to worry about nap time. It was treasured time. We got to go on a land and sea tour of Portland city and the harbor. My favorite was seeing the Portland Head Lighthouse. It is so gorgeous and is perfectly situated against the rocks. No wonder they say it is the most photographed lighthouse in the USA. Being out on a big boat on the water was awesome! It was freezing but fun. J.D. even got to have his fresh Maine lobster for dinner one night. I love my sweetheart and look forward to the next 10 years. Where will we be then?




On the boat heading towards Portland Head.


Bug Lighthouse. Isn't it so cute?






Oh yeah.


Isn't that picture perfect? Aahhh. It was so beautiful there.





The poor little lobster. I had steak.



This was the view from our hotel room. We could see so much going on out on the port.



1 comment:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

our ten year is coming up and I told Michael I want a trip to the east to see the beautiful leaves in the fall! a lighthouse would be fun:) Do you know of any beautiful covered bridges? congrats on 10 great years and baby #5!