I have to say that one of my most looked forward to parts of the day is when I pick up the kids from school and we go to see what new improvements have been made on our house. It has been so exciting to see this home of ours go up!!! Every step along the way is fascinating to see - starting from when the digger actually dug out the hole, and cement was brought in for the basement, and the sides of the foundation set, and then the framing!! There were four gentlemen from Mexico that did the entire framing on the house and boy were they fast and efficient. We were impressed!! We had fun talking with them a bit in Spanish here and there. They got the entire home framed in just about a week and a half. Roof and all!! After they were done for the day we loved getting inside the home and seeing what they had done. The roofers have since put on the shingles, the furnace has been put it, plumbing is in, airducts are in, hey - we even have our bathtub in place. The kids love getting into the house as often as they can and the first thing they all do, is go up to their rooms. Kimball is very proud about the fact that he doesn't have to share. His room is the highest point of the house and has an awesome view of the forested area in our backyard. This really is an amazing adventure that we are loving. It looks like we will be closing on the home a couple of days before the new year. Awesome! So, here are a few pictures of only the hundreds that J.D. has taken, of some of the progress. Oh and once we are in and settled, visitors are welcome!!
The Williams Family
Saturday, October 16, 2010
The house is on it's way up!!!
I have to say that one of my most looked forward to parts of the day is when I pick up the kids from school and we go to see what new improvements have been made on our house. It has been so exciting to see this home of ours go up!!! Every step along the way is fascinating to see - starting from when the digger actually dug out the hole, and cement was brought in for the basement, and the sides of the foundation set, and then the framing!! There were four gentlemen from Mexico that did the entire framing on the house and boy were they fast and efficient. We were impressed!! We had fun talking with them a bit in Spanish here and there. They got the entire home framed in just about a week and a half. Roof and all!! After they were done for the day we loved getting inside the home and seeing what they had done. The roofers have since put on the shingles, the furnace has been put it, plumbing is in, airducts are in, hey - we even have our bathtub in place. The kids love getting into the house as often as they can and the first thing they all do, is go up to their rooms. Kimball is very proud about the fact that he doesn't have to share. His room is the highest point of the house and has an awesome view of the forested area in our backyard. This really is an amazing adventure that we are loving. It looks like we will be closing on the home a couple of days before the new year. Awesome! So, here are a few pictures of only the hundreds that J.D. has taken, of some of the progress. Oh and once we are in and settled, visitors are welcome!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh wow, Gina! It looks like it is going to be a gorgeous house! And lots of room! What fun. I really think you'd better find a job for Josh out there since you're doing so for everyone else:) I gave David the book, by the way! Sorry I didn't get it back to you before the move. Hopefully, Dave remembers to give it to you.....Have fun visiting with Dave and I can't wait to see the finished results of your beautiful home!
How exciting! It's moving fast!
Very exciting! I'm excited to see more pictures of the process and (of course) the finished result.
Yeah Gina!!
It really is so exciting! You can appreciate every little step that is being made along the way.I am excited to see your finishing touches!
Beautiful! And so fun for all of you to be able to watch the progress. Maybe after Ty graduates with his MBA and we're on the job lookout we'll take a gander in your neck of the woods. :) I sure love you, lady!
It looks like a lovely home. I can't wait to come visit.
Somehow Mike and I started talking about the Williams' last night and it hit me that you're not in New York anymore. I hadn't looked at your blog lately! I love to see prayers answered and Heavenly Father's hand in your lives. I'm so happy you're having a good experience with building your house. It looks amazing!
Post a Comment