The Williams Family

The Williams Family

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kimball's baptism

I can't believe my little boy is now eight years old. I wish time didn't go by so quickly. It just doesn't seem fair. And with turning eight, he was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We decided to have him baptized on Nov. 6th, the same day as his little sister Christine's 1st birthday! We had a busy, fun, memorable day. It was extra fun being able to have J.D.'s parents - Grandma and Grandpa Williams - here to join in the special occasions. I think one of the things we will always remember most from Kimball's baptism was when he came up out of the water. Kimball truly has a fear of putting his head down in water thus I was a bit worried about how he would do being completely submerged. Well, he must have opened his mouth on the way up out of the water because as soon as he came up, he started sputtering/coughing for air. Amidst his gasping he said loud enough for everyone to hear, "I'll alright!" We all got a really good chuckle out of that. I am so proud of my son. He is a sweetheart of a young man with great desires to do what is right in all aspects of his life. He says his pleases and thank you's in a very consistent manner than really show his gratefulness. During the blessing Kimball recieved when given the gift of the Holy Ghost, he was counseled to be a friend to the friendless, and blessed with the ability to see others in need and to reach out to them. That touched me deeply as I have already seen this and was even told during my parent teacher conf. this past week with Kimball's school teacher of something she saw during recess of Kimball reaching out to another boy in his class with some disabilites. Tonight while my kiddies were watching a church video they enjoy, I just looked at him, at his handsome little face, and wondered who he really is and what he will become. How humbling it is to be a mother of such noble spirit children of God. It really is amazing how drastic your perspective changes when you think in terms of eternity and not just here and now. I'm so grateful I was given Kimball to love and in turn be loved. I have a lot to learn from him.








Future missionary!

Grandma showing Kimball some things in his new scriptures.

3 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

What a great experience! That's great that Kimball didn't let his fear get in the way. I can't wait till Katie gets baptised!

wackywilsons said...

Congrats sweet boy!

The Fun Carter Family said...

What a sweet boy! I love hearing how he reaches out to kids with disabilities. That brought tears to my eyes...because as a mommy of a child with autism, you just hope there are kiddos that have kindness in their hearts!