I first have to say that I have been very humbled by how prevalent the Lord's hand has been in my life, guiding my thoughts and actions in this entire move. He truly knows our needs and is so lovingly present. About the house hunting - we weren't having the warm fuzzies with any of the 15 plus homes that we looked at in Columbus so we decided to go the build from ground up route. That all amazingly fell into place and we now have the foundation layed for our new home that should be ready the first couple of weeks of December. The kids, esp. J.D., are really enjoying watching all the different steps occur in the building of our new home.
While the house is being built, we are living in a very nice rental home that we miraculously found. It is a good ten minutes away from our build home and elementary school so I have become the kids daily bus as I transport then to and from school everyday. This has actually been quite enjoyable for me as it has given me more time with the kids to talk and has also gotten me up and out the door bright and early.
We have been out making friends with the neighbors at both homes and are enjoying all the new friendships.
About our wonderful home in N.Y. - miracles truly have NOT ceased. When we first put our home up for sale, there was a lot of initial interest in it, but no bites. After one particular showing that was a bit discouraging (we were doing for sale by owner) J.D. felt very prompted to call back a family that had called us some 2 weeks earlier asking if we would consider leasing our home to them. They were thrilled to hear back from us and very excited to come and see the home. Two days later, they came over and after shaking hands with them, J.D. and I both knew this was the family that needed to be in our home. We sat and talked as if we were all old friends. The father has been in the army for some time and is now getting his masters in math at a local school where he will then go and teach at Westpoint. Awesome for them! So in a matter of 5 days we went from "What are we going to do with our home?" to lease signed and set. We moved out on Aug.30th and they moved in the next day. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who truly does hear and answer our prayers. He may not answer them in the way we would have thought, but He does answer them.
So here we are now in Columbus, settled in and enjoying getting to know the new area. We are enjoying our new church ward and have felt very welcomed there. The kids are making lots of new friends at church and school and have all seemed to adjust to the new surrounding quite well. There is a lot to do and see here in Columbus and we look forward to all the adventures ahead. This isn't to say that we don't miss our friends in N.Y. A LOT!!! All of us have had our moments of sadness and "We miss N.Y.". Yet, knowing that this is where we need to be at this point of our lives makes all the new changes doable. To all our friends in N.Y. - WE LOVE and MISS YOU!!
Our month of Aug. was spent in Utah on vacation with all our family (we flew from N.Y. to SLC then from SLC to Columbus - crazy!) so here are a bunch of pictures of our time there. It is so nice to be on my blog again! Please continue to come back to our blog as I will be putting up regular updates of all the Williams's happenings. Happy Fall to everyone!!
Having ice cream cones on the front porch (N.Y.)
This was a very sad sight. I loved my home in N.Y.. There are soooo many memories to remember!
The moving guys loved moving all our food storage :)
This picture was taken the morning we left N.Y. Off and ready for the adventure!
We LOVE our time with Grandpa Christensen. He is like a magnet for my kids!
Hiking up in Logan Canyon.
My Kimball!!
I love this one of Grandma Williams!! Being in Logan with family was wonderful!
J.D. and his parents at Tony Grove. This is heaven!
My Great Grandma Christensen. We spent an afternoon with her in Idaho. She is a remarkable woman.
The Salt Lake City temple. I love this place!! Temple Square was amazing.
We had our first Ellis and Estela Christensen (my parents) reunion at Snowbird! It was more fun than I can say! We had the funnest evening walk our first night together. Here is me, sis-in-law Megan, sisters Edlyn and Cynthia.
My amazing sister and her equally amazing husband Nate with their beautiful family consisting of big brother James and his triplet brothers! Isn't this amazing!?
My wonderful parents!!!
My bro Clinton and I going up the tram! 1 mile to the top!
I just had to put this one in :)
I love this picture. Kimball loves being in the mountains.
The Williams gang on the top of the mountains!
Here is the famous tram of Snowbird that we took up.
J.D. and Kathleen coming down the Alpine slide. This was too fun for words. I think Kathleen enjoyed it :)
A day hike up Little Cottonwood canyon. I will never tire of the mountains in Utah.
Edlyn, Clinton and I! I love family time!!
Cutest cousins picture! These guys have so much fun together!
Picture of our build sight! The foundation is set!!

5 comments:
I love your pictures Gina. You have such a beautiful family! I love reading about how the Lord has guided your family.
Hooray! I am so glad that everything went well. I love your faith, Gina, and your testimony. Reading this post made me miss you a lot. I LOVE all of the pictures and LOVE that you are committed to posting often. :) I really can't believe how big your kids are getting...doesn't it go by much too quickly?! You are such an amazing mom and woman; I am lucky to know you and call you a dear, dear friend.
thanks for the update. so fun to follow the adventures of your cute family. keep posting!
What a great update! I'm glad things are going so well. Great pics!
I am so glad you posted so many pics...I miss seeing your family! How fun to be in the mountains again...especially to re-live all of those sibling events.
Did not see many pics of Trent and Sherie...
I hope you will post more!
Post a Comment