The Williams Family

The Williams Family

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh the simple joys of life

Life definately has a way of moving forward much too quickly. It seems as if Christmas was just yesterday. Yet as we are already near the end of January, I can say that 2009 has started off wonderfully for the Williams gang. I know that for some, January can sometimes be quite the depressing month with frigid temperatures and the after holiday blues. Yet, for me, I love being able to just settle deep into my cozy warm home and enjoy being with my little family. You could call me a home body and it wouldn't bother me at all. There were actually two days where the weather was so bitter, school was cancelled, I had no obligations to go anywhere, that I didn't even step foot out of my house. It was wonderful. I have made it a News Year resolution to better cronicle the daily simple joys of life for my family and so far I am having a lot of fun doing so. Part of that resolution requires taking more pictures. As I have been looking back on the pictures I have thus far, I feel like time isn't running away leaving me so far behind, but that I am keeping up with it, making memories sink in a bit deeper. So, here are a few of the simple joys that I have captured these past few weeks that put a smile on my face and remind me how blessed I am. Oh, and look for the next post coming up titled "Ode to Karsen". I can hardely believe my oldest is now 8 years old and that tomorrow she will be baptized into the church. Where have the past 8 years gone? She is so excited about tomorrow as are both J.D. and I. We are so proud of who she is.

Now that takes some talent!
The kids made this limbo line out of Kimball's tinker toys all by themselves! Boy did they have a great time.

On our snow day, we had our own school at home. It was too much fun! I was "Mrs. Williams" for the morning while we did different activites, including snack time and recess. These hearts were our art project. The kids asked me if we could have school at home more often.


Two crazies having fun together.



Kathleen set up this little "tea party" all by herself for me, Pooh (who is by the way her favorite) and a couple other stuffed animals. It was perfect. What a treasured playtime.




6 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Great pics! I love the double binkies!

KA said...

School at home with 3 students? You're even braver than I thought!!

Tyson and Denise said...

It looks great. I definately think the two binki picture is the best of all. So cute!! Glad to hear everything is going so well. I am a homebody during the winter months too, so I understand that one completely.

Konie said...

Jax is jealous of 2 binkies. He "lost" his and it was a good time to get rid of it. He is sure to notice others with them. Look like life is good for you all.

Danalin said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that you have a blog and I get to keep up with the Williams Family! Your kids are SO big and SO beautiful. You look awesome too, my dear friend. Oh, I love and miss you! Keep these posts coming.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I like how you were "mrs. williams" on the snow day:) Cute tea party, too...you look so happy smiling at your little one.